Percutaneous Ethanol Ablation (PEI)
Injection of high grade medical ethanol using ultrasound guidance for the purpose of atrophy of metastatic positive lymph node or ablating / shrinking a benign cyst. This means your doctor will inject a concentrated ethanol alcohol solution into your lesion under ultrasound guidance. The ethanol will cut off the blood supply to your malignant cells, causing them to die .
Percutaneous Ethanol Ablation is a therapeutic alternative for:
- Cystic thyroid and parathyroid benign nodules for patients with compressive symptoms who decline surgery or not good surgical candidates.
- Recurrent and residual thyroid cancer after prior surgery
- Primary encapsulated micro-papillary cancers in patients who decline surgery or are not good surgical candidates.
- Thyroglossal duct cyst treatment
- Benign salivary gland and other benign cysts.
- Minimal Pain
- Office based procedure
- Resume your normal activity after the procedure
- Effective alternative to surgery
- Minimal risk of side effects